Android and Linux

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Zoom widget designer

Pent, the creator of Tasker, is coming out with a custom widget designer named Zoom. He just released the first beta earlier today. If I can figure it out, I'll try to post something cool later, but the Tasker integration isn't implemented yet, which is what I am most interested in.

Ok, it didn't take me long to find something cool. Although the Tasker integration won't be implemented until the next version of Tasker, you can create a widget with buttons. Name the buttons and for Click Actions, select Broadcast Intent.

Now, in Tasker, select a new event profile (the orange triangle), select UI, then Button Clicked and enter the name of the button and select a task for it to carry out. Using my earlier post about using Tasker with home automation, I made buttons for two X10 modules then linked them to the tasks for toggling those modules. Here is the result:



Sweet!

The buttons can be resized and moved around on the widget for better placement and appearance.

Followers