Android and Linux

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Tasker plugin

If you read this blog, you're probably interested in the new Secure Settings Tasker plugin. It has a lot of features which seem good. Unfortunately, I don't have a use for any of them except the shell command runner and I'm happy enough with my own methods that I probably won't change. But the plugin does allow you to store stdout and stderr in a Tasker variable and I'm sure will be a hit.

The downside is that you have to set up a "variable changed" profile to get the output (see the second post in that thread and the later reply). It's more or less the same as my command runner profile except it can display multiple lines of output and my profile can't because Tasker still can't read entire files. (I got it on the todo list, but it's been sitting there for nearly a year).

Plus, it has other features. If you're interested in those, it's probably a win-win.

Followers